The Special Needs School of Penrose required the replacement of its boiler; with internal & external alterations all to be completed out of the school term times.
Working in collaboration with the school, HBC completed the works over the Easter & Summer School Holiday periods.
During the two week Easter Holiday the following external & internal works were carried out and handed over to the school ready for the new term:
- Removal of existing paving and the introduction of soft landscaping
- Formation of an access path & ramp in various paved materials
- Introduction of a laundry area within a temporary building
Upon completion of the Easter holiday project, HBC worked closely with the school and Southwest One in the development of the next phase of this contract, comprising:
- Formation and infilling of openings in partition walls
- Toilet refurbishments
- Construction of new storage facilities within the Hall
- Installation of Spazio Folding Door systems
- Asbestos removal
- Disconnection and removal of boiler plant
- Installation of a portable boiler house with the connection to existing mechanical & electrical services
- Enclosure of the containerised boiler with a timber boarded system
- Provision of a new gas supply & commissioning of the new plant.
All works were successfully completed ready for the Autumn term.